PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 12:29
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some good news for the thread.

Firstly, B15 has been banned from pprune for good after yet another deeply offensive post.

Secondly, it would appear that an awful lot of things are happening within the MoD regarding Nimrod.

The bottom line espoused by the MoD is that "as AAR has been stopped, the Nimrod is now airworthy, so job done." Many of us who care about the way airworthiness has been mishandled in the MoD know that is a deeply flawed statement. The 2nd line might be that airworthiness work concerned with ALARP is complete so Nimrod is airworthy. Again, anyone who read the Hickman transcripts would struggle to make sense of the argument.

I have been critical of CAS, I was staggered by reports of his lamentable performance before the families a few weeks ago. That said, credit where it is due, it would appear that he has implemented many changes and he is working extremely hard to deal with many of the issues raised on this thread and others. It is not the style of Govt Depts to admit they are wrong. I wished I could go further here, but I can't, enough to say that MoD are worried about airworthiness issues and are acting.

I am not convinced that there is enough technical ability to deal with the challenge and it will of course require additional funding, another worry, but I am happy that they are responding.