PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scuba Diving
Thread: Scuba Diving
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2001, 01:16
mad_jock

well lads i am of to whats called technically a Belgium piss pond tomorrow. to see if i can stll remember which knob goes in which direction if a reg goes on me (which it never has in 7 years). I called on a family friend who works at the national hyperbaric center in Aberdeen and he said apart from the fact that all divers are mad that pilots are as well. Apperently there is research at the deptment of Biomedical Physics at Aberdeen whch suggests that pilots get alot of brain liasions which suggests that we all get brian tissue bends wether we like it or not.

And after looking at the tissue half lifes for off gassing and the ascent rate of cabin pressure we are getting towards 10% up the proberbility curve which is more than i would run diving and pilots are doing it every day. In fact for more than 2 sectors a day i could see microbubbles becoming and issue. Which means i am looking at a 24hr break before diving as well as after :-(

MJ

ps If anyone fancys ding a bash to sharm to do a bit of diving and talk sh*te in the camel bar i would be well up for that.

[This message has been edited by mad_jock (edited 08 June 2001).]