PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY flight off due to 'expired licence'
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 11:08
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought EZY was a very computer orientated organsiation, or professed to be so. Surely it is not beyond the capability of IT to include an alarm system that when a crew member is rostered for a flight all their legal requirements are checked by the computer and flagged up if not current. This would inlcude all the annual recurrency ground courses as well as sims & medicals. It should be updated very 24 hrs and could run a check during the night.
I've worked for many supposed compter aided airlines, but when it came to using the tool to is true capability they were woefully short. Much pencil & paper work still done = many mistakes which usually have to be sorted out at the last minute much to the anguish of crews with last minute changes.

I am associated with an organistaion which makes a plan for sim use on the computer. Thus it is impossible to double book a sim. However, the crew schedule has to done again in a different format. Guess what; in the transfer of information errors are made. Crews are double booked; insructors not rostered; changes made to one part of the plan, but not conveyed to all links in the chain. It is a classic opportunity for a 'one button' operation. All data is crossed filed as required. No errors, a massive saving in time for the planners, no last minute fire fighting due to cock ups. Head office will not allow it. Crass.