PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Valley Hawks in Northolt
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 09:17
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont't get me wrong

I think it's important the great unwashed see military hardware; the faster, the lower, the better.... however, you have to deal with things the way they are; not how you wish them to be...

Our Lords and Masters have decided they want to limit, ie ban, Single Engine flights over London. Obviously, a blanket ban would remove flypasts, Royal/VIP jollies... err.. I mean flights of National Importance, and hence we have the somewhat vague but nonetheless all incompassing "Exceptional Circumstances" to give some wiggle factor to those who sit slightly below our Lords and Masters. Herein lies the problem, for as Rigger1 points out, when was the last time something went wrong?

Some poor Minion, in this case Northolt OC OPs, grants the "Exceptional Circumstances" and the dice are rolled one too many times and an incident occurs. The Minion would not be finding himself on the carpet with the AOC but in a dungstorm on a scale of the Meneze's shooting multiplied by each fatality. In sum, his defence of... but the boyz wanted a nitestop in Soho/ the Beaujolais was aging/ Northolt's a military airfield will be swept aside in the National desire to see a head on a spike.... being his.

Now I sure Oc Ops will be heartened that Beagle, Chinnooker and Equivacator will support him through his difficult times; however OC Ops may be wiser to read the Chinook thread at the top of Military Forum page to gauge the mountain he will face.

Like I said, lot of risk for not a lot of return....

PS fareastdriver... sorry.. where are you heading with your question?