PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurofighter Voice Control functions
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 01:15
TiffyFGR4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I remember that too. I remember reading in a 'Air Force Monthly' magazine that the Spanish are interested in TV for their Typhoons, that was some years ago now though, Italians, don't really seem fussed about TV, I guess they're more than happy with what they've got, Germans, heard also that they're interested in TV, I read that some time ago too, British......Only heard about a BAE (Or was it a RAF pilot?) say it's nice for airshows....Thats pretty much it......Of what I've heard/read about anyway.

Time will tell......Kind of hoping they add TV to Typhoon.

"Stealth" is good for some things, but like you say, once you're in a knife fight in a phonebox stealth doesn't offer any advantage. It's as good as useless really. You may be stealthy going into a country but you sure as hell wont be stealthy coming out of it......But it depends on the situation I guess....

And, being close to a target while in "Stealth mode" & not being seen (supposedly) is jolly nice...But being far away from a target with a stand off weapon is better....I believe it is anyway.

Just my opinion, not knocking anything.