PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Petition for a Military Hospital
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 18:30
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The snag with this is, while I'm sure EVERYONE reading your post will agree to the sentiment, they will also ask, like me, why the hell does this have to be a charity effort, and why aren't the governments ( all flavours, who've let this happen ) being lined up & shot ?

I live in a fairly large town - Horsham which has a small hospital just about able to cope with an ingrowing toenail.

The nearby larger town, Crawley, had it's large hospital cut back savagely & the A&E moved to Redhill - a long and busy ride away - so it's now out of the question to get to an A & E within the 'golden hour' of survival we are all told about.

Meanwhile Aldershot had a good, large military hospital - let me guess, has it been sold off for profitable development by now ? - and Haslar teeters on the brink, though I admit the traffic problems are terrible there - helicopters for bad cases - and why are THEY charity funded too ??!!! would be an answer in that case.

We're constantly told we have an ageing population, yet hospitals are being closed down right left & centre - the latest local casualty being the excellent St.Richards in Chichester, virtually stripped of it's A&E among other things, which leaves people living in West Sussex in big trouble if they have something nasty happen.

One would have thought there'd be money to be made by someone building MORE hospitals, and I totally agree on one for injured veterans being among the first, right now, don't care which budget it comes out of, MOD or NHS, it's all our money.

It may be informative for me to tell you that my ex-wife was P.A.to a head of accountancy for an NHS trust; she was told by her 'high ranking' female boss, " the NHS IS being privatised, but don't quote me on that ".

My ex was given one sole job on her first day; go through a brochure and choose whichever chair she fancied; she ended up going for a £400 job, that was in 1993...