PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 16:38
Aeromar27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, on my passport it doesn't say Aeromar27 you know... and i don't expect anyone private messaging me saying "wow, we read your post about your vocation, why didn't you say that before! get ur ass to Abu Dhabi ASAP!".

I think I'm mature enough, and have been working ON aeroplanes long enough to know that vocation and passion, are not that important on the daily operation. I've met captains who build kit aeroplanes with their kids on their days off and still get goose bumps after 30 years of service, and captains who almost hate their jobs EVEN when they hop on a brand new 77W which smells like a new car. Both of them get the job done, but one enjoys it more than the other, and when u work with him, you can tell. Im sure all of you who work as flight attendants know what im talking about here.

As i said, i was talking to the people out there who have a vocation as strong as mine (they know who they are), and that in some way feel it's unfair that some people who are giving this a try, do it just because they didn't really know what career to go for and cause they like the uniform(and they sure have the right! dont get me wrong... its life). Again, they might as well become great pilots. That was all i wanted to say.