PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A340 or 737-200 Line Training in SA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 16:28
alpha-b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey buddy.
Investing on a big airliner such as A340 or 737 is a big waste with this type of experience u've got i even doubt someone accept to train u with low time,i know COMAIR used to do it on the 732 but they stopped it as they realised guys were struggling they now require at least 1000 hours mostly turbines but in the other hand i know quite a lot of guys who went from light piston after their comm to 737 and did it well but most of the case they had a jet transition course program which takes a while before they get on to jets.Remember with 200 hours u're still learning how to fly which u'll do very well when u fly things like king air,dhc6 n 8,1900 that's really where u discover what flying is all about when u move to jets with these experience u'll only learn how to fly a jet not an aircraft.The industry is so much competitive that they won't even look at u.I recommend u invest rather on small turboprops they're a lot of jobs out there for it especially in africa go build ur experience over there by the time u come back home all doors will be widely open 4 u.Cheers