PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Aramco
Thread: Saudi Aramco
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 12:58
ScubaPilot77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SaudiAramco Information

I am searching for helicopter pilots, knowledgeable about working for Aramco, willing to share oppinions and experiences. I have posted to the Middle East forum with no success attracting replies.

My wife, a Registered Nurse, and I (an ATP Helo) are very interested in Aramco employment and are seeking the answers to some specific questions:

1. I have seen Aramco helo job advertisements listing 3500 helo PIC as a "requirement". Is this a true, bedrock minimum PIC hour requirement, or is this like many companies -- they advertise for what they would like, but given the worldwide helicopter pilot shortage, will take someone otherwise qualified but with less hours than ideal?

2. What is the current Aramco helicopter fleet composition? I read recently that the Bell BH-206 aircraft were being replaced with Augusta AW-109s. Has the replacement been completed?

3. Is it possible to be hired as a husband and wife team as "permanent" employees, instead of as "contractors"? Any opinion on whether a pilot and nurse, husband and wife team would be considered an attractive combination to the company and more likely to get hired?

4. Any general information on the current compensation and retirement package? Not looking for proprietary information but a general sense of the compensation for a US-expat helicopter pilot and how many years are required to earn a retirement.

5. An overall assessment or opinion on working for Aramco and any advice on negotiating the hire process.

Thank you.