PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frenzied passengers on BMI charter flight at palma
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 09:40
Final 3 Greens

Wiggy

Fair point and not unreasonable if the steaming is happening on boarding. OTOH it's possible that the A/C has been set up to avoid this ( e.g. only 2 packs on on a 3 pack aircraft) so the first time the steaming happens happens is perhaps packs on after a packs off take off...just a thought...
That's a very good point.

Perhaps the announcement in that case would be by the CC when the condensation started.

This might not work so well on wide bodies, with the bulkheads separating the cabin, but on most narrow bodies the crew has sight of the length of the cabin (until the business class curtains are pulled.)

On my more general point - we live in an "instant information/ I have a right to know age": if our Customers reading this demand to be told instantly of the why's; wherefores and reasons every non-normal event that happens on a flight then we have got a heck of a lot of educating to do.
Obviuosly, you cannot inform the pax of everything that happens.

Recently I was in an airbus that made an unusually steep descent (in my experience as a frequent flyer) early on final, the deck angle and ground rush was uncomfortable, but I wouldn't expect the crew to make an announcement explaining why, their focus needs to be on a safe approach and landing.

However, in this alleged Palma incident, it would appear that there was a very seroius incident and as part of the learning process so vital to safe aviation, I would have thought that this was a "quick win" in terms of CC training.