PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 744 Depressurisation
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 01:32
pacplyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLF Here.
Is this the opinion of an expert?
A statement such this should be deleted from the thread as many other as being deleted. Such statement does not add anything to the thread discussion.
No facts to validate it, or...the a/c is falling apart but I am able to land it, that's a great a/c. Sounds good? not to me.
Note I am not saying anything about the a/c manufacturer...just commenting the post.
regards
FrequentSLF: Ya gotta allow us a little humor once in a while! "If it's not Boeing, I'm not going", was an industry tongue-in-cheek sales slogan; boeing used to give free stickers out that said this in ground school. I should have put a smiley to it. And no, I'm not an expert at anything, I'm just a retired pilot with an A&P. There are those who want the rumours and news section open to only licenced airman because of these kind of misconceptions. But me, personally? I think this forum as is, presents a unique dynamic between those who ride and those who make it possible. But SLF, if I was a patient, and you were a heart surgeon, I wouldn't come on Medical rumours and news and tell you to delete medical posts I didn't understand. Right? But there's nothing wrong with putting things in the form of a question as moderator Sick Squid has pointed out on stickies many times.

But it's amazing to me just how many times the printed english language fails to convey intended meaning isn't it? I'll have to be more attentive to it.

Good point Soup, Airship and others. (Boeing tank; good one!)

Thanks for taking my barbs, everybody. The localized pressure wave of a cylinder exploding O2 tank is clearly is something you don't want in a confined space. Yes, it's a plausible theory imho.

And lastly, Conan the Barber is correct in his post.

I yield the floor to others.

pac