PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2008, 21:28
Markocuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Evening All,

I was at the LHR 0900 Assessment, and would like to say that I really enjoyed the experience. It was good to meet some likeminded people and I wish everybody the best of luck. Frantic refreshing of emails is going to slowly becoming a way of life!

I am interested in how people found the tests. I have to say that, considering this is essentially an international competition which will take only the cream of the crop to an airline job, I really didn't think the tests were overly complicated. They could have been a great deal worse. I also struggle to see Etihad picking the top candidates on the test results only - the people who do the very best will not necessarily make the best pilots - and am thinking that our CVs may play quite a large part in the selection process.

The staff were very nice and the overall atmosphere was surprisingly relaxed. As I was signing in the Captain responsible for the scheme was flicking through CVs, he turned to the lady assisting with administration (please forgive me for not knowing names, I do have them written down but am not at home) and said "WOW, this person has wanted to fly since they were young.....they are 18!". Truly a classic line.

Once again, good luck everybody!

Mark