PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frenzied passengers on BMI charter flight at palma
Old 1st Aug 2008, 20:21
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
I suspect there are a number of trolls and spotters here from the number of posts calling the pax "Idiots" and "Panicked retards" because I cannot believe anyone in aviation who aspires to being a professional would use those terms.

You must understand from your training that there are such things as white knuckle fliers who have no experience whatsoever of aviation apart from the sheer terror of forcing themselves, against their instincts, to sit in an aircraft in an attempt to get to a holiday destination.

To sneer at their obvious fears is unprofessional.

Furthermore, there are people here who assume a level of knowledge in the travelling public that is simply non existent.

Getoutofmy galley illustrates this perfectly:

"Do you realise the danger you put yourselves in by standing up?"
Obviously they didn't, or if they did, they weighed the danger to themselves against what appeared to be the necessity of getting immediate assistance to aid a young lady who was apparently, according to their knowledge, about to die.

As for the "levels of training" in CC, again, how the **** are passengers supposed to know that you are trained to do anything other than serve drinks and food? Why should they? Why would they?

As I said in my first post, good CC have a natural AUTHORITY that is obvious to anyone who has seen it in action. It's obvious that the CC in this incident didn't have it, and probably don't even know what I'm talking about.

And the best examples of this natural authority I've seen (although I hate to say it) are the older CC from Qantas.