PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pay Rise for 2009
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2008, 17:29
mhk77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the life of me I can't understand the mentality of anyone who thinks we should be getting less than RPI+1% as an absolute bare minimum.

Since the last pay deal, we have each year worked more and more traffic. We have had it shoved down our throats that NATS last year was awarded 'Best ANSP in the world'. We have seen the likes of the Middle East, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Germany & Ireland start trying to recruit experienced controllers from overseas. We have also seen NATS advertising for experienced ATCOs along with falling numbers getting out of the College, and even fewer actually validating. This suggests to me that each year we as ATCOs get in an increasingly stronger position and so we should have approached the latest pay negotiations with that mind. And let's not forget that NATS is actually posting profits now.

As for the Pension. The day the politicians who said 'Our Skies are not for sale' give up their gold-plated final salary pensions should be the day that we agree to give up ours.