PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frenzied passengers on BMI charter flight at palma
Old 1st Aug 2008, 16:58
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 162 Likes on 33 Posts
@ Groundloop

To put this to bed. I WAS NOT advocating "teaching a lesson" to Kay - and you are correct in that no self respecting pilot would ever knowingly jepodise his aircraft. I was merely relaying a theory that I have read elsewhere regarding the Stanes accident!!! So please don't shoot the messenger! Further, it wasn't me that bought a totally unrelated accident into this thread! Nil further.

The scenario getoutof....... found themselves in is one I put to Commanders under training. I ask them what would they do if they became aware of a child running around the aisle at 500ft on the approach. As they think about it I count down 400, 300, 200 - to drive the point. If you go around you'll plant them in the rear galley (if they haven't wrapped themselves around seat legs etc in the process of tumbling down the aircraft). If you land, you'll probably plant them in the flight deck door/galley. Rock and a hard place?

What would you do?

A4

PS I had this a couple of weeks ago.........