PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frenzied passengers on BMI charter flight at palma
Old 1st Aug 2008, 14:19
Topslide6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teevee,

We're coming across something that we've never experienced before, have not by the sound of things, been prepared for by the 'trained professionals' and the colour of our underwear is probably changing. We need someone to take control and allay our raging fears.
Fair point. However, has it occured to you that there's not a great deal that can be done during a take off roll and the crew were doing exactly the safest thing, which is fly the aircraft safely first and foremost and deal with any issues once the safety of the aircraft is assured.

Lexxity makes a very valid point. The fact is that there is every chance the cabin crew made the PA that you've all suggesting they should have. I've witnessed first hand passengers calling cabin crew liars when they've been handed information of a similar nature. Many simply don't listen when told, and I would suggest that at least 50% couldn't point to their nearest emergency exit when asked as they hadn't listened to the safety brief. I stand by what I said. Anyone who stands up and starts shouting whilst an aircraft is taking off is an idiot. That's not said with a pilots hat on, it's called being an adult. If true, these people have acted like children. I would even suggest most children would act more responsibly.

Both bear11 and getoutofmygalley have summed it up perfectly. If they weren't, these passengers were very lucky not to be arrested.