PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Renegade' controllers leave pilots flying blind: air chief
Old 1st Aug 2008, 10:11
hoggsnortrupert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CEO's

I have a question:

It would be of interest to know how many CEO's of today started:
1/ As an apprentice on the shop floor.
2/ As a junior doctor on the ward.
3/ As a local council worker.
4/ As a teacher.
5/ As a Commercial pilot.
6/ As a community constable.
7/ As a whatever????

My point is that today we generate them with a degree in business management, or human science, we the community/tax payer, then pay them 100's of thousands of dollars per year, and to get change? or have a problem in the making recognised? they have a board, how do you get a board to understand? if you are lucky enough to have it get to board level, they enlist the expertise of numerous consultants also with degrees in human science, business, and then only if you are very lucky,after maybe 12 months they tell us what we are telling them.

Of days gone by, my late Grandfather rose to be head of the dairy factory, but only after he started as the factory apprentice fleet mechanic, then as cheese maker, milk powerder processor, packing shed hand, cream/milk truck driver, etc etc, the point is he left school at 13, and started with the factory, and never left.

When it goes wrong, a govt enquiry or whatever will find fault with some manager or other, never the CEO.

Call me a synyc or whatever, but but and but, the more I see the more I do not understand, then again at 52 maybe I am just to slow for the change in the world.

we live in a world where common sense is :

1/ Not common.
2/ Not sensible.

and as for discretion bought about by experiance, forget it.

I rekon, round up all the politicians,lawyers,CEO's, and slot the lot of them.

But hey thats not using comon sense.

Yep holes lining up in the swiss cheese and no one wants to know:

Chrs
H/Snort