PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Epilepsy
Thread: Epilepsy
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2008, 09:48
AMEandPPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy thanks for those . . . . . . . . .

Comments noted. No surprises there.

Let me just make it clear that right now all I am doing is upholding, and explaining some of the thinking behind, the rules as they presently are.
Most of the queries I have answered here in recent months (not all, it's true, but certainly most) have come from young aviation aspirants in the UK, so the advice and answers given have reflected the rules and standards currently being applied here. If and when those change, then advice and answers would obviously also change.

I have not named any individual countries for several months, just referred to the fact that elswehere things are done differently to here.
I was previously severely ticked off by the moderators for referring to specific countries, so I have refrained from doing so any more. How you interpret "elsewhere" or "other countries" is up to you, but I have not pointed fingers in any specific direction at all.

Finally, and on a purely personal note , I should say that I still strongly agree with the aviation medical standards laid down and implemented by the UK and the JAA community. I feel in safe hands when I or my family board a commercial flight in Europe. In many other parts of the world (note the words) I know I would feel some apprehension.