PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frenzied passengers on BMI charter flight at palma
Old 1st Aug 2008, 07:32
Final 3 Greens

Condensation "smoke" can obviously cause concern for those who don't understand it.

Even more the sound of ice in the aircon system (e.g. rattling around on takeoff.)

I think the problem here is that society used to trust professionals (in all walks of life) and let them get on with their jobs.

As a result of high profile professional negligence (not in the airline sector), investigative journalism, consumer TV programmes stressing "rights" and postive action, society now has a tendency to be sceptic and to challenge,

I am in no way condoning the alleged actions of the passengers on this flight, just trying to understand the social psychology behind their behaviours.

I travel very frequently and see "smoke" from the aircon frm time to time, it is rarely mentioned in a PA.

On the occasions it was mentioned (FD), the company was a charter operator, possibly aware that many of their customers are "once a year flyers."

Perhaps not a bad idea to let the CC add a short explanation to the welcome brief if condensation is occuring.