PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 1st Aug 2008, 05:42
Scissorlink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think 206dvr has an issue with the Student loan system. The issue is the people getting the loans. Firstly a majority have been ripped off by various schools around the country racking up loans in excess of $100,000 a bare CPL with ratings on everything from R22's to AS350 as I said in an earlier post the best I have come across was a guy with a $140,000 loan who trained at Chrisrtchurch helicopters a few years back. Second issue is some of the guys you should be training with are outside schools so loan doesn't apply, why should you get a loan to be trained by a 400hr C cat and if you go with a one man band outfit and the guy has 20,000 odd hours you can't get one..makes NO SENSE to me..the last issue is the person who wakes up one morning thinking hey I need a licence to score more chicks in the pub (sorry boys a CPL licence doesn't increase your dick length) and give me a bit more strut..they get there 100,000 dollar loan realise getting a job is hard work and chuck it in or like Hughesy said "cleaning the machine is below them" I can't believe some I have met..Jeans around there knees with there ass hanging out, more oil in there hair then the sump on the machine, more jewellery in there face then a punk from central london, and more strut then the farmyard king rooster..and this is someone who wants to fly your 2 and half million dollar piece of machinery !!
Loans ALL GOOD takes lots of stress off, how about having to do another trade first or proof you have spent at least two years in the industry before hand....AND YOU CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 300 and a R22

SL