PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reverse Thrust: Vibrations, Shudders, Loud Noise normal?
Old 31st Jul 2008, 21:27
RYRnick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverse Thrust: Vibrations, Shudders, Loud Noise normal?

Hi,

Following my previous thread about hard landings, I am pleased to say that the Ryanair landing was pretty good! I have overcome my fear of landings!

Now, I am not a confident flyer at times, despite flying once a fortnight. I do get quite nervous. And no, I am tee-total so I don't drink on flights!

When landing, what does "reverse thrust" actually do? On the 737-800NG aircraft on Wednesday, landing at Seville as soon as the wheels were on the ground the reverse came on? Then the noise built up, and there was some vibrations, slight shudders of lockers? And then the plane came to a stop pretty soon?

This was with Ryanair, whom I will say did a excellent flight on Wednesday to Seville from London Stansted (FR8361 EI-DAY) Hats off the the company for once again another excellent flight!

I just don't like the noises, vibrations, and slight rattling of lockers? Is this normal? And why do the engines make more noise as if we were about to take off?

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to your reply. I am very grateful for your time!

Regards,

Nick.