PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Cruise Booze makes me happy!
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2001, 19:02
ExSimGuy

Exclamation

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Ban smoking! Ban drinking! What the hell, let's ban passengers!!!</font>
Now that reminds me of the catch-phrase bandied (sp?) about at LGW years ago at BR - "if it wasn't for bl00dy SLF we could run a really eficient airline" Of course, they were joking, and so was the poster above, but surely SLF are the revenue of the airlines, and what they want should be a matter of cencern.

As a (heavy) smoker, I can control myself for even a Trans-Pacific flight. Even with quite a gew G&Ts under my belt (or despite it?) I can behave. But if the airlines get even more "Big Brother" and stop me having a beer or a Scotch, or a G&T for quite a few hours while the InFlightEntertainment has failed across half of the economy cabin (BA, last month ) and all I have to do is to read the "company mag" because there was no bookshop at the departure lounge, I think I might just get a little upset

Duty-frees on arrival? - Great idea - makes sense in terms of safety ( a bottle of Scotch is a darned more flight-endangering than a fag!) and economics (why haul it to 30,000 feet for no apparent reason?) But let's not get stupid and try to make the PAX life even MORE unbearable than it is now with hassle before the flight, hassle after the flight - the only time to relax is in between!

Why ban drinking (subject to limiting the PAX so that they can get out in emergency of course) when it's often the most pleasurable part of the whole travelling scenario (apart from when the nice guys up front let me join them - I always wait till after that for a G&T of course )

------------------
What goes around . . .
. . often lands better!