PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2008, 11:41
Rapha_BA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the conclusion is...

Well,ladies and gents,this is Raf,I've been following this last 2 days,didn't want to add my input as I want it to see how far would go...Well,guys,a bit of background on me...I've always,like many of us,wanted to fly,since my dad took me on a flight from Curitiba,Brazil,to Rio on a Boeing 737-200 of TransBrasil airlines(went bust)He knew the captain and I had the chance to visit the flight deck,watch the landing and bla,bla...I was 6 years old!Well,my family isn't well off, 100k is a bit out of my budget so I've been fighting really hard to get this,and the war isn't over!!!God knows how hard I've tried,I've got accepted at OAT,I've failed CTC,its been up and down but let me tell you,I'm still working and most importantly,I'm still smilling.I know a guy who took 5 years to complete his license,he flies for Iberia now on A340's,he had an office job,9-5 then at 7 he would go to a restaurant to wash dishes,then at 12 would run outside nightclubs to sell hotdogs to drunken losers on friday night.This,my friends,I call passion!I'll be very honest with you,I've studied my ass out the past 2/3 weeks,since the time of my aplication to the time I was invited to the assesment,I didnt have much time to prepare,as Is very hard to study while you do safety briefings,serve gin and tonics at 30.000ft and push duty free trolleys up and down,but I've tried my best.Honestly,I think I've done well in 5 out of 6 tests(thats already information,as when I walk in there I didn't have a clue how many tests were).I'll be very disapointed if I'm not up to second stage,I'll be very annoyed if the guy who was chosen before me,was the same guy I told that in the first test the standard was such and such,and the third test you had to do this and that,so he had a better preparation...Now,you smart asses,what make you think you deserve this more than me,or zazoo,or aeromar,or anyone else on this forum,or anyone else who didn't know this forum was created?????Why are you so much more special than us?Now,this is a competition in the end,true,there is more than 12 places,but the odds are high,so instead put knifes on each others back,stop and think:1-Did I prepare enough(look back at my posts,you'll see that I urged people on count ONLY on themselves,and prepare.I NEVER HAD ANY ******* HELP,and you ALL sound like spoiled little brats fighting for a candy)2-How passionate about this I am?3-If I dont get it,what is my contingency plan?4-Be honest with yourself(eg. well,I'm not good at physics so maybe should work on that.)5-Put yourself on the shoes of the other fresh faced candidates,as nervous as you on the day and try to think why would be fair for you to put pressure on someone like aeromar to give out the info that he never had.Get real guys,I think the problem here is that you guys forgot the basic and I believe,the best quality on a pilot,which is HUMILITY!!!!!REMEMBER:you cant build a house from the roof,you must start from the bottom...is a rule for everything in life,second :God gives with one hand and takes it with the other...,failure now doesn't mean you arent able to make it one day,and at last,doesnt cost you anything to be humble.If anyone at Etihad see this forum,I think many candidates are already out of this run for lack of maturity.