PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do ab-initio graduates afford SSTR programmes e.g. with Ryanair?
Old 31st Jul 2008, 09:41
daria-ox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't want to go through the integrated way. I could have my parents mortgaging our house for 80K, but seriously, I rather do it myself and show that I can do it. I rather work for it than take this amount of money from my parents or work for it for the next 5 years, it's a fact that they do help me financially but I rather pay as I go. I have a job which gets me enough money to get through the modular way, and another thing, I don't want to go straight to airlines as you have probably read before, so going integrated for me isn't the way. I rather work a little bit harder knowing that in the future I worked hard for it instead getting everything on plate.

Sometimes really I hate my days, I work and study, work and study, at weekends I go out but most of time I have to work, but at the end of the day I know I do it because I want my dreams to come true and to be honest, that motivates me a lot. I had a choice of going the integrated and modular, I choosed modular because I had my reasons. The main one was the money, my parents could have taken a loan but I rather prove to them and make them proud that I've done it all by myself and that I worked for it.

It's a fact that it will take longer than integrated, but so what? I'm young and I have lot of time. I want to get some different expierences on flying before going to airlines too so I'll do few conversions after I gain my PPL, I'll definately go to fly few hours in Poland and Spain, then come back, do the CPL, and few different courses including FI and work as a instructor for a while maybe then with time, I will be ready to go to airlines, because for me if I had 250 hours flown I wouldn't want to go to airlines I rather get some real flying done before I do.

And as BerksFlyer said, what's wrong with GAPAN aptitude testing?