PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines says it will lay off 950 pilots
Old 31st Jul 2008, 09:00
Ignition Override

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Layinlow: Good points up there.
As for the carbon stuff, it still escapes me as to how/why Senator Al Gore won the Nobel Prize. So he sold his fuel-gulping SUV and now rides a bicycle to work? Yep-I missed that news. Need to read the wire services more carefully. Maybe "the Economist" covered this profound example.

That's right, those chumps truly believe that he invented the Internet, as Al once vaguely suggested here!
Paradoxical, but with all the weapons exported from there over the years (i.e. "Saab Bofors Dynamics"), but nothing done directly for the people in Iraq by so many countries, the others who are not there (on the ground) can still preach something about peace.

Not doing something noteworthy right now, measurable-in the physical sense, on the ground (building/repairing hospitals or schools)-is much less important than preaching abstract theories about the worlds' "underdogs" (suffering masses) and awarding prizes.
Preaching about Pres. Bush's actions (though I'm not much of a fan either) or mistakes produces much more traction (like tyres on a dry road) with the media, and is much more respectable/chic, than correcting any of them, for example (zum Beispiel/por ejemplo) building things to make their lives better.
Correct me if this paradoxical hypocricy is not the situation.

Any news from United's MEC?

Last edited by Ignition Override; 1st Aug 2008 at 23:05.