PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to find good MEP FI's?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2008, 08:52
starflex fixer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say you will be lucky to get 7-10 independant mep instructors of decent quality in the whole of the uk.

I have only met 3 who had a clue what they were doing.

Briggs in Humberside who apart from having issues with flying at night at least knew what he was talking about.

Kevin Rowel top bloke for a macum

And Kath of atlantic fame who dealt me my one and only fail ( which was well deserved I might add)

For that money what are you looking for? as a 3000hour TP skipper who has a lapsed full FI JAA rating less than 5 years. Please tell more if I can link it in with a summer season with less than 90 days in the UK and instruct during the winter somewhere warm I am game.

Actually thats rubbish Gibbsy up at Highland is a CRI/CRE knows his stuff

The bloke that does all the trilander checkouts in CI is pretty good.

The trilander skipper who is a FIE who I have only met on the bus up from town knows his stuff don't ask just accept no need for a check flight.

Its a pish system just by reading I would have to go and do time in a MEP as PIC just to do the FI rating. All for rpm high and mix rich. Instead of RPM's 100% in a turbo prop. And I have to do a course in dealing with pish approaches by FO's.....

Mad_jock I am not being slow here (I hope) but is there a slim chance you could translate the heavy typed italics into English, you will have to remember I am not a member of the 2 wing master race like yourself!

Matt, I do have use for an FAA FI, but only Stateside!