PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kununurra, broome or hedland/karatha??
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2008, 07:12
gadude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from what i hear, broom is pretty expensive to live. but i never been there so i wont state that as a fact.
yes there is plenty off work up north at the moment.
and the right time off the year to start for a fresh cpl as you dont have to worry about the wet season yet.

If you cant get a job up north maybe it has not entirely to do with your cpl but with the atitude you have?
changes are that if you rock up wearing a pair off shiny ray ban glasses in a uniform that the operator will sent you next door. Be profesional but don't think that you are gods gift to aviation now you got your cpl. it wont get you anywere.

The questions i would ask an operator.
whats the progress in the company like?
can i help you out in the office if needed?

no point to me asking what the wages are like. it wont be anything to retire on.

fair enough you ask what the hours are like. and what kinda work the company das.
eg tourism or charter or both.

For those off you who really want a challange (not just flying wise) NT is the way to go.
sometimes living remote (i am talking communities) and days off non flying will be part off it. if you like fishing, not a bad place to be either.
and than there is the wet season with the most impressive CB's you will see.
If there is anybody who has a work ethic. who dasnt mind putting in the hard yards. dasnt mind doing paperwork (welcome to aviation) dasnt mind washing his/her plane once a week.
than sent me a pm with your details. maybe i can help.

If you rather just rock up to work, hop in your plane fly it, than park it up and go home and winch about you not getting enough flying it is to hot to dusty or to many fricken flies. than dont worry.

cheers.

anybody concerned about my spelling errors, wel that was not part off my job description lol