PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the Biggins happend at Mildenhall on Saturday?
Old 29th May 2001, 18:53
CaptainCrunch

Post What the Biggins happend at Mildenhall on Saturday?

What the Biggins happened at Mildenhall on Saturday? Managed to persuade the Memsahib to drive up from Chelmsford (left at 7 and close to M.hall by 8.30) only to sit on traffic for 3 hours. On arriving at the roundabout for the base a polite if ruffled traff bod told us that we would have to go to Newmarket for the P. & Ride. Undeterred, we drove on to Newmarket.
At the P. & Ride field there were huge queues of miserable sufferers who reported seeing neither an organiser or a bus for 2 hours. Now, had I been helping out on the day I should definitely have headed for the nearest hedge but what numpty made the decision to use the main route to the airfield (i.e. the grid locked one) for the PARK AND RIDE BUSES! I mean, what? Really, what?

Pants, toilet and, frankly, bottom burgers to the whole show.

Nice day boozing it up at North Weald yesterday though and I did manage to bag a jump seat into Stansted with the excellent Titan Airways on the Friday so a good aviation weekend overall. Still can't help feeling that Mildenhall was a huge embuggerment though!

Aye,

Cap'n Crunch