PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA lowering the standard for CPL training... AGAIN!!!
Old 30th Jul 2008, 22:25
PlankBlender

Angel Not necessarily a bad thing?

I'm not sure this is necessarily a bad sign! Hear me out!

For once, a lot of very experienced CFI's I have encountered have turned out to be grumpy old fts who weren't happy with their place in the world and let everyone around them know! Not a lot your average student could benefit from such bottled up experience..

Secondly, this is obviously a result of schools not finding senior instructors with enough commercial experience to move into CFI positions. Good for pilots, as it means the shortage is continueing, and salaries will continue to rise!

Finally, this may be an opportunity for motivated pilots who want to move up in the training industry, to make their mark, and may bring some new enthusiasm into schools whose alternative otherwise would have been the grumpy sort. Not a bad thing. How much will the grumpy old fella who's tired of the industry care about operation manuals, syllabi and all the rest of the tedious tasks that make a training school stand out?

Ah yes, I hear you say, but the "lost" experience. Well, training organisations are there to teach syllabi, right? I've had experienced and not so experienced instrument and other teachers, and I must say the good teachers got me there, not the war stories

Ducking for cover now