PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do ab-initio graduates afford SSTR programmes e.g. with Ryanair?
Old 30th Jul 2008, 17:30
daria-ox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TWW, That's the truth and most of us agree with it, but some wannabe's are just pi$$in people off because they want to fly just for an airline. But what's the point going straight to airlines? For some it works out. I was on holidays in Poland not that long ago. I went to visit a flying school near my old house, every week there's a group meeting of the pilot student club, I decided to go to one of the meetings and to be honest I was shocked after what I heard there. I am a wannabe as lot of us and the whole group. The meeting went quite well, at the end of it I got to talk to few Polish wannabe's and a hell lot of British wannabe's. Most of them came over to Poland for the air races and joined the club for a while as it's in the building next to airport at which the race was taking place. I spoke to them about training the modular and integrated way, nearly all of them didn't even enjoy their PPL from what they've said and they want to fly Boeings/Airbuses! Most of them thinks that they will get a job with 250 hours in their logbook, when I said that I was going to instruct for a while they said that I wont be a pilot but an instructor and that PPL still doesn't make me a pilot. I was shocked! Private Pilot License, it says Pilot License and even though they said it still doesn't make me a pilot if I don't fly for big airlines. That's mad! You're a pilot from the moment you have your PPL don't you think? They said I'm totally stupid going the modular way because for them it's pointless because if I went integrated I would have got a job straight away, and we have to agree, that's still not the truth.. . I just don't get how irrotating and stupid are some wannabe's. They don't know a damn thing about the industry but they still go for it and I bet that some of them won't like their jobs after a year or so, they didn't even have the flying bug, the motivation.. don't get them