PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2008, 16:27
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone.

Good to see healthy debate continuing, whilst was (still) wait for a response from Mr Browne. There’s nothing much to add on that front, other than I am aware that checks on ‘certain issues’ are being made within the MoD. At least things are moving along. I was hoping for an announcement on the last day of Parliament when there was the MoD input to the House but, sadly, it was not to be. Hopefully not too much longer for the families to wait though.

There have been several issues raised since my last post. Please don’t think I’m ignoring people as that is not the case. I am more than happy to contribute when I have something worthwhile to say (or to post an update). I’ve also gone from cable connected to wireless internet and had a few teething issues (I know, I know – if it’s not broken etc…).

Just to answer a few points – there is no evidence I have seen that suggests that FTS equipment was on board ZD576, whether in an active, passive or redundant role. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t there, but I have read a substantial amount of paperwork and asked several direct questions on this subject and never had even a hint of any such equipment.

Airworthiness does get a mention in the document submitted to the MoD, but that’s all I’m saying on that.

Unfortunately, it is still a waiting game. However, we are confident in the work put in to, and content of, our submission. We also believe that Mr Browne will give the submission due consideration and then make his decision. Until then, as I keep getting reminded by others, I will have to be patient!

I assure you that as soon as we hear anything, our fantastic supporters on PPRuNe will be first to hear of it.

I thank you all for your patience and continued support.
Regards, as always.
Brian

“Justice has no expiry date” – John Cook