PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA lowering the standard for CPL training... AGAIN!!!
Old 30th Jul 2008, 11:30
Bendo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASA lowering the standard for CPL training... AGAIN!!!

From the CASA newsletter from BB:

CASA has responded to aviation industry concerns about an inconsistency in the experience requirements for chief flying instructors. At issue was the number of hours a flying instructor needed to qualify as a chief flying instructor to oversee commercial pilot licence training. This had been set at 500 hours of commercial experience other than flying training, but has now been amended to 250 hours. It brings the requirement into line with both instrument flight rules and instructor rating training, which require 250 hours. The previous requirement had caused a number of flying schools difficulties and representations were made to CASA asking for a review.

The amendment to the hours of experience is an interim move to assist the flying training industry while CASA carries out a full review of chief flying instructor requirements.(my bolding)
Can someone explain to me the "Commercial Pilot" skills that you have after 250 hours?

...and how relevant that is for your unsuspecting, premium-paying victims?

... and the consequences when these (even more) clueless fools are set loose upon the industry?

This at a time when BB and his drones are giving lip service to the notion that Flight Training standards need to be lifted and G3 Flight Instructor candidates will be tested by CASA

Chief Engineer I know is retiring this year and e said to me today "Thank god... because I have put up with it (CASA) for 40 years and it's only getting WORSE"