PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air $347 in the red!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2008, 10:36
fractional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OR ultimately appoint the little guy next door 70miles south of the island for six month to bring this Airline back on its feet
I don't think that is the solution. Perhaps, a pratical business plan, competency, transparency and loads of government support within a given time frame may do the trick.
EK succeeded because they placed a management team in place to run the company and just look at the results 22 years later. It's true that the team came to place only in 91 after a very shacky start in 86 with the PIA venture. Some will critisize the composition of the team in 91, but they made it. It wasn't perfect, but it worked. Many will remember what many said (and still say) about TC and his days in GF in the finance department before moving to EK... Was he or MF or anybody else at the top the difference? I believe it was the team.
The next thing I saw with the a team was G9 (Air Arabia), although in a smaller scale. Let's see if GF make it next after going alone.
There is no perfect management team, but they must have a pratical business plan, competency, transparency and loads of government support within a given time frame.