PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do ab-initio graduates afford SSTR programmes e.g. with Ryanair?
Old 30th Jul 2008, 09:59
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So wannabe's going integrated way are just going the easy way.. but they spend a hell lot of money on training, with the 10K or so left if I had the 70K (including type-rating) I rather rent a plane and fly somewhere and enjoy myself..
You can't view it like that - some people are not as disciplined as you might be in their training, or simply don't want the hassle of organising it themselves. Furthermore, the hour-building section of modular training is largely substituted for time with an instructor on an integrated course, in a more structured environment, which may be more suitable for some making the step to a structured airline environment than others.

It really depends on your situation, but at least have some empathy for the other side - one day you will sit next to someone who has persued a different course of training than yourself.

I think more people that you realise live at home, and are supported by parents - I also believe that you will find few wealthy parents among that cadre and many who have remortgaged for their children's dreams.