PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Revision Techniques For Atpl???
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2008, 09:22
cessnagirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-Go through the manuals, summarise understand what's happening and make your own notes.

-Make up easy ways to remember things, like mnemonics.

-Study the diagrams and graphs and know how to interpret them. A picture tells a shed load of words and you'll be surprised how many diagrams appear in some of the exams. Theroy of flight/Performance diagrams very usefull. Instrumentation and Radio nav diagrams;know them thoroughly. Systems diagrams know the parts and what they do.

-Make a list of relevant formulae and put them to memory.

-Get the feedback and list of past exam questions. Make sure you know which answer is correct and which ones are wrong. Make sure you know why.

-Get to know the basic layout for each paper and realise that there may be some over lapping between subjects.

-Brush up on your exam techniques such as time management. The feedback questions are very good for testing yourself.

-I had a bit of trouble initially with the oxford manuals as I did distance learning. I got some alternative text books to look at in conjunction with the oxford ones and that helped a great deal.

-Get a globe and some washable felt tip pens. I found this very useful for practicing some aspects of general nav. Also it was useful for met for remembering climatology and the position of jetstreams etc.

-Get help and advice with anything you're not sure of. Brush up courses are also handy when preparing for exams.

That's how I got through them, 1 year and just had to repeat 4, while holding down a full time job. It can be done. Stick with it and give it your best shot.

Regards, Cessnagirl