PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2008, 01:04
jetman91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airbusbatics

You should know the local laws before you open your computer. Here in RP a school must be minimum 60% Pinoy owned, Foreigners can only own Max 40% of any educational establishment.

The same stand for retail business but there the law is 100% Pinoy owned so how the concession could be given to a foreigner by a foreigner is something the SEC and CDC should look into, unless the foreigner running the restaurant has a Pinoy dummy which goes under anti dummy law.

Part of being in the Export zone and to enjoy tax privileges is employing locals. CA is not following that so they could loose their privileges but the problem then is CA would have to raise it's tuition fee.

The differens with the 10% RP population is that they go abroad and work hard for their families, they don't go abroad violating the laws hurting people, that is the difference, if we do something wrong abroad we deserve to be punished too.

Indian nationals are called Bombay's here, it's in the languague, not derogative and there are nothing wrong with the good ones following our laws but the ones braking the law should go home. Same as I'm sure you want Pinoys to follow the laws if they go and do business in India and elsewhere in the world.

And I agree, most important is for the school to live up to it's promise and that we will graduate.

Ps, If you don't show up to a meeting here it's called that you "Indian me". That is not racist, it's simply an expression.

Last edited by jetman91; 30th Jul 2008 at 01:22.