PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Test flight crash
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2008, 22:11
sycamore

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
H800xp, was there ever an accident report filed/investigated by your CAA? What was the result ,if so?As you were injured there must have been? During your time with this company,as helper,etc,did they pay you for your time/did you offer to do it free,as perhaps a lot of people do,and then it is taken for granted that that is the end of their obligation?Do you know if the a/c & company was insured;did it get paid for it`s loss?If it did then it must be on record/available..Is the company still in existence;is the aircraft flying? Were you approved to fly the a/c by your CAA? Any proof?
Sorry, I`m no lawyer,just thinking about all the things that may cross one`s mind,as I do occasional testing after o/haul,I make sure it is legal/proper and paid for..Do you know anyone in the company/former employee,etc who can assist? Do you have an AOPA(Aeroplane owners and pilots association) who may help with information?
Was the a/c an indigenous design,or copy/licence build?
Was it approved?
Was the company approved to build it?
Did they have approved technicians?
Who approved it`s flight/engineer to sign it as airworthy?
Was your flight test approved by your CAA?
There must be a `papertrail` here to show responsibility..

It may be suggested that you send a PM to `Flying Lawyer` as he is a good chap and may be able to give you some advice,probably on how things would work here,but he may have a contact or two.....
I wish you all the best,and recover well,just remember,keep the ball in the middle,and `blue`up......Syc....

What was the Company, and the aircraft type,just so we all know!!!