PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does Anyone Still Teach the Fundamentals of Weight and Balance anymore?
Old 29th Jul 2008, 22:07
jerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accuracy is vital speed is secondary.
It wasn't for real, it was a quiet day in the office! On the rare occasion we do it for real I double and triple check things obviously.

Interesting points though, I suppose if you're dealing with large volumes of cargo than a greater knowledge of a/c loading procedures is needed, but for the vast majority of load controllers/dispatchers out there deal with pax flights and the same a/c types day in day out.

Safety is no Accident wasn't just a 'sound bite' and 99% really wasn't good enough.
The 99% was referring to discussions with the flight deck, every now and again they'll say something which goes over my head, that may be due to the higher level of training, or just the way they work. It just takes a little explanation on either side of the conversation to ensure we both know what each other's talking about.

Of course when I put signature on a loadsheet/load release etc, to the best of my knowledge its 100% correct because ultimately I know I'm responsible.