PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Pilots in Britain's Top 10 Salaries
Old 29th Jul 2008, 20:26
757_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but cannot be denied that many are helped by their mummys and daddys, generally the biggest whingers.
like many in this country you seem to be obsessed with this whole 'class war' thing.
However in my experience the biggest whingers (in any profession) tend to be those that have never done anything else, so have no basis for comparison.
I've got friends that are teachers who think their 9 month a year gig with rock solid pension and job-for-life status is the hardest thing going and whinge about it continuously, I've also got other freinds who have moved into teaching from industrial careers who think its fantastic.
ditto in this industry - ditto everywhere. Generally regardless of background and financial status.
I'm happy with my current job, lifestyle and salary prospects, mainly because I've spent 15 years on the other side of the fence, and know that the grass ain't greener, in fact there isn't even any grass!
Personally I don't care wether anyone used their parents, their banks or their own money to get where they are, whats important is what they do when they get there.