PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fake Sri Lankan Airlines Captain
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2008, 15:22
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also many South African cruise pilots logged their B744 cruise time as P1 time, colluded with a corrupt KE recruitment officer and got to be KE B744 skippers!
Some of my Ozmate friends did the same thing at Thai a while back after the 'dispute'. They logged half of their FO time as P1 and TG bought it. They were staying in the BKK Rama Gardens hotel on the company dime and flying as widebody captains. Oh, how I miss those topless Lauda girls at the pool.

Easy to do fellas...the Koreans are real slack with background checks; when the realise they were fooled, they just keep quiet so as n NOT TO LOSR FACE.
Yep, I had a buddy with alliterative initials who was an A300 FO in the Middle East. He got one of his countrymen in the chief pilot's office to loan him some stationery and a stamp to create a letter of recommendation as an Airbus captain. KE bought it hook, line and sinker and hired him as an A300 DEC. Last I heard, he was a 744 captain at Korean.

The same thing happened back in the early 80's with an American passing himself off as a Captain when he was actually a SAUDIA FO on the Tri-Star. The jig was up when another SAUDIA crew member ran into him in Columbo. Sri Lanka seems to never have learned its lesson.
I think this guy later claimed to be Clinton's pilot in Arkansas while he was governor and an O-6 in the reserves in Gulf War One. Last I heard of him he was flying L-1011's at some place called Air Rum.