PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Media Paranoia.
Thread: Media Paranoia.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2008, 14:05
Brian Abraham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jonny Suave Trousers, the "Australian" used to be my paper of choice but eventually gave up on it because, as 757_Driver said "I KNOW the media are lying bottom feeding scum in the UK and have frequently acted to confirm that diagnosis. Most of our media already have an editorial stance, and they don't care what the facts are, they will just invent some rubbish to make the story fit the conclusion they've already reached." applied equally well. Was interviewed for a personal interest feature and asked the reporter to allow me to vet the copy before it went to press, knowing that errors all too easily arise just by reason of miscommunication and misunderstanding. Boy, did the hackles come up for daring to suggest such a thing. True to form, when the paper came out they couldn't spell the name and had the incident occurring in the wrong state. Don't try and tell me that the average media person is not just a little bit precious aka Richard Carlton. Right up there with the average "celebrity". Unfortunately the few good ones get tarred in the process.