PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Adelaide air return
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2008, 12:46
Taildragger67

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Urshtnme,

Mate trust me, the Aussie media are waaaaaay behind the UK hacks in that respect - especially those who 'work' for the Daily Mail.

If a Mail reporter had been on this, the crew would've been grimly wrestling with the controls of the bucking aircraft as it plunged from the sky, preventing it from crashing into a nearby school/hospital/gay endangered whale sanctuary etc. whilst the pax all thought they would die after the left thronomister fell off just after take-off, causing the aircraft to lurch violently, thereby preventing a door from closing... then of course they all complianed because, whilst grimly wrestling with the controls, they didn't take the time to get on the PA to explain precisely what had happened and seek a vote amongst the pax as to whether they should return to YPAD or press on to YMML because Gladys in 16E had a funeral to get to...

Airsupport,

Ordinarily I would agree with you, except that the one in R&N had already started & had had a few replies so it seemed to me best to head this one off at the pass.