PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines says it will lay off 950 pilots
Old 29th Jul 2008, 12:21
layinlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry there Lindburg but you have it wrong. It isn't George and Dickie show, that is keeping the shale from being mined and converted to oil. It is the Democrats. Bush 1 proposed the mining of shale back in his administration, just prior to Clinton who took over the reins. It was Clinton who stopped any exploration, along with ANWAR's desolation (pristine my ass, I've seen the place, ugh).
It has been said that environmentalism is the last refuge of communists and given the global warming hoax (can you say carbion tax?), I tend to believe it.
This oil problem is the same thing we had it the 70's and it the same arguments and mistakes are being made. Mark my words, our vaulted government is going to do something really stupid and welcome to the gas line and rationing. The airlines, of which I have 30 plus years is going to suffer big time and there will be a lot of good people walking the streets. For what? A bunch of stupid politicians in their castles in Washington. It is a shame.