PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Qualifying flights...
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2008, 09:27
Mr Quite Happy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA silver is 400 for Swiss Residenti, I have a UK friend using one of my Swiss addresses (we’ve all got several) for his account for the purpose of quicker/easier tiering. I enjoyed telling Germans that their 150,000 miles for Senator in Germany was only 100,000 in the UK. Oh the look on their faces..

Thanks for the heads-up on the website issue. I spoke to BA and they have confirmed that I NEED 4 qualifying flights and that I HAVE 2.

“For Silver membership you need 4 qualifying flights and another 0 points.”

Sneaky buts its actually there in the wording, what I (we) read is “For Silver membership you need 4 qualifying flights and another 0 points.” But what we see is “For Silver membership you STILL NEED 4 qualifying flights and another 0 points.” Which is obviously not the same thing.

I’ve got til mid Sep to get the next two flights in but looking at my diary, I have no reason to fly BA in that time. So here’s a question, as a non-UK resident, is there any point in me flying to the UK for dinner just so I can get silver membership? Does it last for two years or only one and does it deliver anything other than a little plastic card and basic lounge access? I assume I can only access the lounge if I am flying BA so its no use, at, say, ZRH if I am flying Swiss to AMS?

I’ve been LH Sen, KLM Platinum Elite so I’m not in awe of BA Silver status…

Thoughts?