PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Training: 1st bit in UK then the rest in the US?
Old 29th Jul 2008, 09:02
vabsie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL Training: 1st bit in UK then the rest in the US?

Hi all ...

It's been a while since I've posted something on pprune. I was hoping to have started my PPL by now but work unfortunately got in the way.

My initial plan was to go over to the states (oba or orlando flight training), or similar to do the training in hopefully 3 or 4 weeks.

As I won't be able to take 3 weeks off work any time soon I was wondering if you think the below could work as I'm quite keen to start with some training.

Do a block of say 20 hours flying in the UK (I would probably go through Stapleford as they are by far the closest to me) and then the rest in the US. Hopefully while doing the 1st 20 hours in the UK I can also sit my 7 exams and get up to a solo level of flying setting me up nicely for the states?

Then when I can actually get 3 weeks off work I know (hope) that I already have 20 hours of flying and the exams under my belt and come back to the UK with my license after 3 weeks in the US?

Has anyone done it like this? I realise that this might financially not be the cheapest option but I am keen to fly in both the US and the UK as part of my flight training if this is possible? It also means that I could start soon in the UK.

Any advice/concerns in doing it like this? cheers