PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Media Paranoia.
Thread: Media Paranoia.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2008, 08:28
Jonny Suave Trousers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Media Paranoia.

As some of you know I do work in media here in Australia. I like coming here purely out of my interest in aviation as mere SLF.

A theme at times I pick up on is that you are aware that media do look at this forum. Yes, they do. I would also say that most relevant aviation bodies globally also research this site, as do millitary etc.

Let me put your fears to rest. From my point of view in the last few years since coming here I have crossed over nothing I would consider news worthy. In fact only a fool would actually quote anyone in here or even refer to what people are saying in here. You see, we don't actually know who you are!

In this business believe it or not credibility is an issue. Why you ask does a journalist care about the facts? Lawsuits gentlemen...

The reality is if a media person was silly enough to quote anything in here he would have a hard time backing it up especially if the story was a scoop. Lack of facts, lack of job. Simple. If you think becoming a prof pilot is difficult, try getting work as a journo!

I must admit this forum is a useful starting point for researching anything aviation related, but only that. No offense to PP's but you guys contradict yourselves so often, as SLF you do worry me at times!