PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 'Laying Off' 600!!
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2008, 06:36
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am an F/O with Ryanair on a Brookfield contract, heres what I think.

Flying as a job is a gamble on the bottom few rungs of the ladder
I am flying 4 or 5 days in my rosta at the moment, great job good pay and really happy at FR

while they keep rostering me ill keep flying, if the rosta runs out then ill have to find another job and live of my savings for a bit and do some work where I can get it.

fingers crossed that does not happen, but life is full of supprises and you got to take chances where you can, playing it safe does not always get you where you want to be in life,,, so stop worrying so much and enjoy where you are. sitting with a calculator working out margins is best left to the guys who get paid to do that, if you fancy a job elsewhere and can get it then just go for it, if not then bank cash for a rainy day and enjoy the skys.

I vote this as one of the best postings on this thread if not the whole of Pprune!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. . .Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. . . Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

- Helen Keller, deafblind American author, activist and lecturer