PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas
Thread: Qantas
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2008, 01:36
Speedbird61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Qantas CEO

I hope the new CEO at Qantas Alan Joyce, can get Qantas back to the brand that Australians onced loved and respected, just like in the good ole James Strong era.
Now he was a CEO, who cared about his staff more than the shareholders.
I have been a Qantas employee for over 20 years, and Geoff Dixon, whilst has been a great leader, and steered Qantas through some difficult times, he has not won over with his staff.
Most sections of Qantas are now enjoying zero morale status, thanks to Mr Dixon.
Constant threats of Outsourcing, Constant Threats of selling off sections of the company, have given staff a kick in the guts.
The staff have built Qantas to what it is today, so it would be nice to show them a little respect, and job security instead of making them worry if they will be working for Qantas tomorrow or Acme, Engineering, Catering, Baggage Services ect ect.

James Strong would go out of his way to visit all parts of Qantas, and say hello to the workers, he was well respected, and staff loved their job, and loved their company.

Happy staff equals great service, which equals happy customers, which equals happy shareholders, its a win win situation, but Mr Dixon doesn't see it that way, and sadly Qantas has lost its faith with staff, and customers.
I hope Mr Joyce can emulate James Strong and get Qantas back to where it was a long time ago.
Thanks