PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2008, 20:41
Sikpupi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't see the point in getting rid of hold baggage????? First of all...it money for old rope for Ryanair. With a 40 minute checkin close... there is plenty of time for the bags to be reconciled and put on baggage trolleys.

AND...it couldn't be many airports whereby Ryanair pay 'per baggage handler'. This baggage handling is included usually in their 'airport charges (!)'...so they couldn't expect to make savings on utilisising a few less baggage handlers!!! Same for Checkin Desks and forcing people to use On-Line Checkin. They are not paying per 'Checkin-in Girl'......!! Maybe at the major airports (all 3-4 of them!) they have Checkin Desk costs ..but the majority of their airports do not! So going down this route of NO BAGS is not a cost saving excercise....

Personnally - I feel they could save Millions by saving on wasted newspaper advertising space on full page ads slagging off all and sundry ...or even advertising fares at 1c followed by '+ Taxes' and 'Trms & Conditions apply' eg (Travel on Tues before 10am and return on Mondays after 10pm ...oohh and book by midnight tonight!). A waste of paper .....at least the Newspapers loves Ryanair ...ttey're making money from them I hope.