PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD80 plane crash in Phuket, Sep. 07
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2008, 18:27
EnnBee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAIGUY: With much respect, I must add that Investigate Udom is also looking to accomplish public awareness. While you and your colleagues can reflect on Thailand’s corruption, there are many uneducated tourists who assume that all air travel is created equal. Assuming that everyone understands that Thailand’s corruption spills over into the national oversight of airline safety is a stretch.

Flying for a Thai carrier and accepting the corrupt terms serves to continue the trend. Those of us that know better must refrain from working in countries like Thailand. Making a quick buck and then moving on- this mentality serves to contribute to the lack of a safety culture, especially when we complain about the lack of safety after the fact.

As I am sure you have, think of yourself in Investigate Udom’s shoes and imagine the daunting amount of information that you’d have to take in to understand this industry and the safety practices that should be adhered to. I dare say that this IS a huge part of the healing process.

Even if, in the absence of action to downgrade Thailand’s carrier status, there are now thousands of people that now understand the risks of assuming safe air travel across the globe.